GT Capital, one of the Philippines’ largest conglomerates, is looking for an Audit Officer who will be part of its Internal Audit Department.
The Audit Officer will be responsible for:
Financial Controls Review
1. Develops a detailed understanding of the activity under audit, including financial reporting risks and controls in GT Capital and it's component and related companies.
2. Determines if controls are in place to provide management reasonable assurance that financial reporting objectives will be met at the parent as well as its component companies.
Operations Controls Review
3. Develops a detailed understanding of the activity under audit, including operational risks and controls in GT Capital and it's component and related companies.
4. Determines if controls are in place to provide management reasonable assurance that operational objectives will be met at the parent as well as its component companies.
IT General Controls Review
5. Develops a detailed understanding of the activity under audit, including IT risks and controls in GT Capital and it's component and related companies.
6. Determines if adequate standards are in place for system development, data center operations and security, database management and security, network administration, and overall information security.
7. Tests any audit issues to ensure that proper controls are in place which covers the security of the IT requirement all the way down to individual password creation protocol.
Application Controls Review
8. Determines the effectiveness of controls over individual application systems which encompass the routines within the computer program code and the procedures and input activities.
9. Determines all data was processed accurately by the computer.
Information Security Assessments
10. Conducts regular assessment to ensure that information contained within an IT system is accessible by authorized personnel only, which includes security on all workstations, servers and databases.
11. Determines if proper password authentication and creation protocol are being followed as this is critical where classified, financial, or any other regulated information is kept.
12. Assists in the planning of audit engagements of GT Capital and its component and related companies.
13. Assesses and identifies potential risk of material misstatement/weakness within the audit and systems.
14. Performs the audit and writes a report of the misstatements, weakness and security risks.
15. Promote efficient practices by recommending improvements in processing capability, user interface and security designs.
16. Ensures that GT Capital and its related and component companies have adequate technology and system controls to meet business objectives and customer needs.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Certified Public Accountants (CPA) is a must. They must have at least 3-4 years of related working experience as Assurance or Audit Assistant/Officer. They must have an extensive knowledge on financial and accounting analysis, Philippine Accounting Standards, etc. Applicants for the position must have strong written and verbal communication skills. They must be proficient in computer skills, in addition to analytical and numerical skills.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GT Capital Holdings, Inc. (PSE: GTCAP) is a listed major Philippine conglomerate that owns Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank), Toyota Motor Philippines (TMP), Federal Land, Inc., and AXA Philippines, and Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI). It is the holding company for the business interests of the family of Dr. George Ty Siao Kian in the Philippines.